Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 27 - Beauty of Ice

Photobucket

Photobucket

We are in the midst of a major winter storm that is to last for 24 hours from now. The projected snow totals for us are eleven inches or more. I am hoping that we don't get that much but at least we aren't suppose to get ice, whew. That is hitting a lot farther south than where I am located.

Ice is really beautiful with the light hitting it like in these pictures. I love being able to see the detail of the pine through the ice. Stay warm where ever you are.

10 comments:

Karen I said...

Quite a change from the flower pictures. :)

Beautiful photos!

Susan said...

These are so beautiful. The ice and the shape and texture of the needles on the tree. I've been hoping to get a picture like this, but never had ice or sun--just the tree.

~*Jennifer*~ said...

Wonderful pictures! Ice looks so beautiful!

Christy said...

That is what my outside looks like too!!

Beth {kewl_jive} said...

It's so beautifuk! Love the ice, the texture are perfect too. :) TC

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Wow I agree it is gorgeous but brrr LOL We live in Connecticut though so I can relate!

Unknown said...

I have never seen ice like that here in N Ireland. Looks beautiful - keep warm :)

~Susie~ said...

This is such a lovely photo!!

Unknown said...

great shot!

Chreamps said...

Gorgeous photos, Emma! Love all the detail of the macro!

Yes, we've gotten hit, too. Coming down so you can hardly distinguish the sky from the land. Don't know how much total we are to get as we are on the line, maybe 9 or more. The schools are closed, and I'm actually glad since my son has been sick, this gives him another day to re-cooperate without having more school work to make up. Just hope hubby makes it home okay.

Have a great day and keep warm!