Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day -11 Ice Age

Photobucket

Yesterday it was so bleak and dark with all the snow flying so it wasn't a very good day to get pictures outside. I did brave a few today as we are beginning to thaw out and the sun is shining on the snow which makes it look like glitter has been sprinkled around.

I love the ice hanging off the vine and looking through it. Here are a few more that I took while I was out there. This next one was the ice that formed at the bottom of the vine and you can see the ground cover peeking through with a little bit of green.

Photobucket

And then here is the prints left by my dog on the porch snow.

Photobucket

And a close up of the ice a the bottom of the vine.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Biancka said...

Wow, such beautiful photos of the snow & ice/icicles. Love them!

~Susie~ said...

I love your icy photos :) They are gorgeos. The first one is really stunning.

Take care.

Unknown said...

Love your icy pics.

amson said...

Beautiful photos of the ice! I have never seen ice like this.

Vanessa said...

WOW, it looks soooo great!! Amazing!!

Denise W said...

GREAT snow and ice photos!!! Definitely a good image for the season!

Carla Phillips said...

Great photos!! Looks way cold!

Trina said...

I love looking at snow and ice pictures, but your idea of taking the dog prints in the snow is great! I might have to use that idea myself :) Thanks for sharing!!

Kim said...

All very cool pictures! Keep warm. :)

Mommy Spice said...

Gorgeous ice/snow photos! fantastic job!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

VERY cool photos, they make me feel cold so I can imagine how it musta been taking them LOL!

Chreamps said...

Great close up of the icicles and love the curly ques of your vine holder! I know winters can be rough sometimes but so beautiful! TFS!

Kathy said...

Awesome winter shots here - that first one has great perspective.