Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 55 - Fresh Rolls

Photobucket

Can you smell them?? Oh boy I can but I can't eat them because they are for the dinner I am making at church tomorrow. Our church hosts a Wed. night dinner the last Wed of every month. This is the first time I have volunteered to cook the dinner.
The menu is as follows:
Lasagna, marinated vegetables for the salad, green beans, rolls and I have two other ladies making desserts and not sure what they are fixing but I know it will be yummy.

P.S. No great secret to this roll recipe, I just bought the frozen dough "Rhodes" let the dough thaw, and rise them baked them. I had to have enough for everyone to have at least two rolls so I made 108 (minus the two my dh and I ate).

11 comments:

gabs-art said...

yummy, yummy, yummy!

Melly said...

this looks yummy

Unknown said...

Looks delicious.

Never baked rolls.

How many will you be catering for?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I can just smell them! YUMMY!!!!

Anne of Alamo said...

golly, I made rolls yesterday and they did not look like that...wow gosh those are heavenly and that is good since they are gonna be at church!
I would so so so love your recipe..they looks so soft?
is it a milk and egg dough?

Petra said...

Oh yeah I can smell them from all the way over here, they look so delicious, fab photo!

Anne of Alamo said...

oh Emma, you made me feel good and sad...lol
I make rolls, 40 at a time (family of 6) and bake bread, they are yummy and cheap, but never look like yours..I mean never...lol...
I make most of our breads and rolls, hotdogs, hamburger and last nite soft bread sticks for enchilad stew! I will have to get a pic of them..they are very primitive looking!

Anonymous said...

Holy smoke - they look divine! I havent mastered the art of bread making maybe oneday!

Erika said...

Yummy, the really looks delicious! Great pic! And the dinner sounds so tasty, I almost got hungry again.

Karen I said...

They look yummy! I wish I could smell them.

Debbie said...

This is a great shot...Delish!