Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 36 - The Wonder of Snow

Photobucket

I love this picture of Lexie when she was experiencing her first major snow fall. The flakes were coming down so fast and she is gazing up at the sky trying to figure all of this out. Awh...... the wonder of snow and nature!

I wonder do we still look at the world with fresh eyes, or do you think yeah, I've seen this stuff a thousand times? I never fail to experience a pull at my heart and emotions when I see a sunset, a new bloom on a flower, a nest full of eggs and a new born baby. All of these are evidence of God's amazing work around us.

Take time today to look at the world through fresh eyes, maybe you will see something in a whole new light.

8 comments:

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

Beautiful photo of your sweet dog!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photo. Our kids experienced some snow here for a change today.

Anonymous said...

Awww what a great photo! She is beautiful!

Chreamps said...

What a wonderful photo and love the story behind it, Emma!

Yes, we all need to slow down and smell the roses!

Hope you've had a great day!

Kerri said...

Beautiful photo of your dog! Thanks reminding us of the little things in life, since having my kids (4 and 3) I often slow down for those little things that they see for the first time!
Hugs
Kerri

Susan said...

How pretty your dog is. I think that with children we do become more aware of life's details. I try to appreciate things more, and that is one reason I am participating in the 365 project--to make me slow down and look around me.

Karen I said...

Whenever I see a pretty sunset, I think of my dad. He loved to be outside. His passing three years ago really made me appreciate the beauty around me.

ninabakke said...

So sweet :)