Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 38 - Oranges

Photobucket


I bought a big bag of oranges at the store this week so I thought I would try my hand at some still life. I am enjoying doing these daily photos, it challenges me to try different lighting and settings with my camera.

I have a Kodak 1253 point & shoot camera, it does go up to 12 mega pixels though. There are things I can do that I hadn't tried before starting this daily challenge. I figure I better learn this one better because my goal is to get a SLR camera when I get enough money saved. I want to be able to work it manually not just on the auto settings.

9 comments:

Anne C said...

This looks yammy! Cool picture!

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

I also play a lot with my camera these days, and I`m learning new things every single day.
Great shot today as well :)

Karen I said...

Those look yummy! Great photo.

Chreamps said...

Now that makes me hungry, Emma! Great shot - wonderful light and color! We both must have been craving oranges this week. I also bought a bag - craving that vitamin C, I guess!

Have a great weekend!

~Susie~ said...

I do have an SLR-camera but mostly I'm lazy and use the auto settings anyway *s*. But I love my photoshop :) Great shot for today.

Petra said...

yum and fab photo, great colors!

Anonymous said...

Those look so delish! Great shot!!!

Susan said...

What wonderful detail and color you captured here. The lighting is just right on them.

Sandra said...

This is a great photo. I find also that I am learning a lot using my camera each day.

http://mollyandcoffee.com