Thursday, February 12, 2009

day 43 - Home Inprovement

We haven't owned our home very long so as you know it is always a work in progress to get things the way you want. The house was pretty run down when we bought it and dirty. We wanted to buy a house that wouldn't be to large since the kids are all gone. It is fine when just the two of us but when company would come the kitchen drove me nuts!
Photobucket

The kitchen is long and narrow, the table in this picture is round and could expand to oval when you put the leaf in. But then you couldn't move and you better have everything out of the oven cause you could not open the door.
So I needed a table that would be more functional all the time. I love to watch the home improvement shows to get ideas. I had seen one where they put in an eating nook to give the illusion of more space. So that is what we did too, I looked online to find one I liked as I didn't care for the country style that I had seen. I found this one that is more contemporary and with being able to assemble it yourself you save around $300.00 over buying it in a furniture store.


Photobucket

I love it, and it does just what I wanted it to do!! When we have the kids home with the grandchildren it worked great.

9 comments:

Lilja said...

This looks good!!! And much more practical than how it looked in the top photo!!

~*Jennifer*~ said...

That looks great! My ILs had one of those until they had their kitchen redone and put cupboards in the space where the nook went. Now they just eat downstairs with TV trays, or in the formal dining room. LOL

Melly said...

great pirture

Anonymous said...

I love those corner tables. Great picture!

Iris said...

That looks really great!

Kirsten said...

cool table! looks great!

Debbie said...

I like that idea a lot. I've been thinking of doing something like that myself someday.

Karen I said...

It looks great!

Chreamps said...

I love those eating nooks and your's really looks great! Much more functional than a regular table and chairs.

Yes, we have one of those houses that are a "work in progress", too (LOL)! But, the progress hasn't been so good lately.